12/29/10

Sweet 16: Happiest Moments of Christmas

1. The Cookie Decorating Contest
The oddest, boldest, and most creative ideas were poured out into icing and sprinkles and dough as all 18 of us participated in the contest. I will say the male representation added the most intriguing of elements.

Please note: These are Phil's creations....a pregnant Tricia and a Reindeer

Paul's Nutcracker






2. A White Christmas.


3. Christmas Eve Mass.
I am so grateful we were healthy, my husband was by my side and our two (plus little bambino in the womb) children with us. Nothing more could make me happier. AND Jesus was born amoung us!
4. 15 People in the Van.
We all piled in after Mass, Anna and Gabe drove seperately (stinkers)and drove around to see lights and sing carols.

5. Pre Christmas Morning Hubub
Tradition goes that we all meet in a designated room and play board games and read I Spy books while we wait for mom and dad to wake up. So...I woke up to find most of my siblings already gathered in Peter and Paul's room. You are thoroughly welcomed when you arrive into the room. This year Nicholas and Christiana made their appearance and got to witness the pre-Christmas comotion. Slowly but surely, couple by couple, we all sat in the room in our pjs and discussed previous year memories.



6. Helmet Head
For the past four months Nicholas wakes up picks out a shirt that has a number on it "because h is a football player." Often times he even picks out the number the night before. He tells me he to look at his helmet. (great imagination). I felt like a child again and could not wait for him to get this gift on Christmas. He immediately put it on and wanted to "get dressed" so he could wear a football shirt. He had practice with himself, tried to kiss Christiana with it on, and told each person in the household he was a football player, twice.

7.Paper Wads
Christiana loving to peel off wrapping paper and hold it in a tight wad in her hands maybe influenced her new interest in going potty because she gets to wad toilet paper in her hands, somebody's new favorite pasttime....I feel a major clog coming on.

8. Onsies
Chubby children in Christmas pajamas.


9. Snow Day!
Watching Nicholas in the snow for the first time was something I will never forget..






10. Surprise!!
Anna and Gabe announced the genter of their baby. AAAGGGHHH!! (they are trying to keep it a secret for evryone else...we'll see how long that lasts. And we suprised Tricia and Phil with a baby shower.






11. REAL SIMPLE
Andrew and I agreed not to give each other gifts this year and creatively find other ways to show each other our love. It was wonderful. We couldn't have been happier watching the kids open their gifts with joy on their faces.
We play our own "I spy" with this picture...


12. The New Coat
My dad giving me a $25 gift certificate so I could buy a new coat. They had the exact one I kinda had my eye on (just because I like to look at coats ;), only two left in my size, that was on clearance and I only had to pay 5 cents for it in the end. Awesome!

13. The Family Rosary
Witnessessing 12 people crying with laughter while praying the family rosary, thanks to Andrew's fast business style Hail Mary's and Phil's teapot laugh.

14. Family Bunco
I've never playedd body throwing, spitting, warrior calling methods to throw dice with the firm belief doing so would influence the role. HA-LARIOUS.

15. Couples Date Night out at Maggianos.
The poor waiter. Not sure there was a table louder than ours. (don't let the picture deceive you)


16. Pudding's Birthday Bash
We ate pink Cupcakes (I bought pink sprinkles...as it turned out were for breast cancer awareness) and she had a whole slew of people to sing to her.









No comments: